Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fans vs. Fanboys

Today the specifics of the Wii U launch were unveiled. 

For those of you who are not in the know the Wii U is the successor system to the Nintendo Wii that came out back in 2006.  Reports are mixed but the systems specks are believed to be either slightly less powerful than the current PS3/ Xbox 360 systems or slightly more powerful than those systems.

I, the Crazy Gamer, will be getting a Wii U.

I hear you cry "Why?"

The new Xbox and PS4 will be so much more powerful!

You must be a fanboy!

Thus this posts title.  I am a Nintendo Fan.  I freely admit it.  I'm not ashamed.

But a Fanboy?  No, I am not, but you might just be. 

Am I just dealing with semantics here?  We have a fan and we have a fanboy.  What's the difference?  For many the only difference is the added word boy in the second word.

Ahem, I shall illuminate you. 

I bring you light, where once their was only darkness. 

Okay, that was obnoxious.  I'll stop.

Still with me? 

Oh good!

We all know what a fan is.  Somebody who enjoys something.

Here is my official (Websters got nothing on me!) definition of a fanboy

Fanboy: Noun- One who likes a particular thing so strongly that they must vehemently attack anyone who has a different opinion or different preferences.

So first, how do I prove that I am not a Nintendo fan boy?

I was a Nintendo child of the 80's.  My wonderful parents bought me a Nintendo Entertainment System in 1988 and I haven't looked back since.

This may lead you to believe that I am a Fanboy.

However.  I have also owned various PCs, a Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and an Xbox 360.  I have enjoyed all of these systems.  Today I play PS3 the most, but I partake in and enjoy games for each system. 

I like games.  I like particular games.  The system doesn't matter.  It's the games!

While I play PS3 the most, I have had many countless enjoyable experiences on the 360, the Wii, and the PC. 

Will I get a PS4 or Xbox 720?  Probably.  The games will decide that for me. 

Now for the fanboy part.

Here is a very... um... passionate "Fanboy"

These are his words not mine.

I'm sorry but Assassin's Creed III is to awsome for the wii U it dosen't deserve it Assassin's Creed has been X-box,and Playstation exclusive it dosen't really belong on a Nintendo system Nintendo's titles should be a new mario game, a new Zelda,or starfox,or maybe a new F-Zero(haven't seen one of those in ages)etc not Batman Arkham city and assassin's Creed III those are hardcore games for hardcore systems the only hardcore Nintendo systems Ive seen is their ds's/3ds's adn the Wii no Wii U but Wii I know I'm hating but Assassin's Creed is just too cool 4 Nintendo.
Nuf said
Back to me!
This was posted on a game website showing Assassin's Creed III for the Wii U. 
If you don't want a Wii U don't buy one.
I don't like Justin Beiber, guess what? I don't buy his stuff.  I don't troll around music websites writing about how stupid he is. 
A fanboy is different from a fan, in my opinion, because they feel it necessary to attack things that they don't like. 
I will buy a Wii U because I want to play New Super Mario Brothers Wii U, Rayman, and Nintendo Land.  If Xbox 720 or PS4 offer games I want to play then I'll get those.
For all you Fanboys, just chill out and enjoy the games.
Oh and what the hell is a hardcore gamer anyway?  Stay tuned to see if I am one or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment