In the Warhammer 40,000 canon the Emperor created twenty "sons," to bring light to the galaxy. But are all of his sons equal?
The Crazy Gamer says no!
I will now rank them from least to greatest. I will use the official background, the history of their legion, as well as their characterization in the Black Library novels to decide who is the best.
Without further ado:
20 and 19: The two unknown Primarchs. According to the lore of 40k two legions were wiped out prior to the Great Crusade for unknown reasons.
18: Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters
17. Perturabo, Primarch of the Iron Warriors
16. The Khan, Primarch of the White Scars
Khan is presented as being a master of the hunt. We know that he is present at the Siege of Terra but little is known about what he did there or what he did after. Again the Khan is a victim of little attention from the Horus Heresy series so this might change.
15. Vulcan, Primarch of the Salamanders
I admit that I have not read Nick Kyme's Tome of Fire trilogy that deals with the Salamanders so I don't want to be too stringent in my criticism.
Hopefully some more characterization will be coming soon.
14. Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers
13. Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands
Ferrus is the master craftsman who it is said has crafted several of his brother Primarch's weapons. His arms are made of Iron thus how his legion received its name. In many ways he and his legion are seen as the loyalist counterpart of Perturabo. Ferrus is not portrayed as icy as his brother Perturabo. If anything he is very trusting and that is his great flaw which undoes him on Istavaan V leading him to be the first Primarch killed.
12. Conrad Curze; the Night Haunter, Primarch of the Night Lords
11. Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels
10. Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor's Children
Pretty suckie Fulgrim. Not cool!
9. Corvus Corax, Primarch of Raven Guard
So here is the first half. Tune in next time for the final installment of... ranking the Primarchs!