Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why I don't like first person shooters

I don't like first person shooting games.

There I said it.


I won't go so far to say that they are bad, I'm sure they aren't bad at all, some may even be great.

I still don't like them.

Why you ask?  Okay, I'll be nice and answer your question.

1.  The first reason is that I just can't get over the fact that I have a neck.  I can turn my neck very quickly and automatically, I don't even have to think about it.  How awesome is that!  My character in a first person game can't do that.  That bothers me. 

2.  The next problem is similar to the first.  See, I have peripheral vision which allows me to see (albeit not clearly) almost 180 degrees in front of me.  I like that I can see out of the corner of my eye, but I can't in a first person shooter.

3.  I don't like to play online.  The biggest draw for many first person shooting fans is the online aspect.  I don't have friends that play first person shooters and I have zero desire to play against Internet trolls.  If you are a troll, I'm sure you're very nice troll but I don't want to play against you.

4.  First person makes me feel less connected to the character That I'm playing.  Many people say the feel more connected, but not me.  I know I'm not the guy with the massive gun and well... massive guns.

So there, I've laid out the fundamental reasons for why I don't like first person shooters.  Remember, I'm not saying they are bad games, they are just not the game for me. 

Next on "Why I don't like..." MMORPGs

No comments:

Post a Comment